Shimanami Kaido Cycling

I always want to go somewhere far away, somewhere I don't know. So I often go cycling on weekends when I'm tired from work. It's my pleasure now.

On March 10th, I boarded a ferry at night and went to Toyo in Shikoku from Osaka. Next early morning, I started alone to go to the Innoshima Bridge in Onomichi along the Shimanami Kaido cycling road. On the day, I made 190km round trip by road bike from Toyo Port ferry terminal. I returned to the ferry terminal at 8:00 p.m. It was a hard work for 13 hours.

The Shimanami Kaido cycling road is the most famous, popular and beautiful cycling road in Japan. I've heard that half of all cyclists on the road are foreigners.


Kurushima Kaikyo Brodge in the morning



Route Map





Kurushima Kaikyo Bridge loop way for bike



Tatara Bridge



Tatara Bridge



the cycle lane on the Ikuchi Bridge



Innoshima Bridge



the cycle lane on the Innoshima Bridge



Ikuchi Island



Tatara Bridge and my bike



Tatara Bridge and "the Sacred Place for cyclists"



Kurushima Kaikyo Bridge in the dusk



Imabari Castle in the evening



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawkins Scale

Flowers at Dusk

Totoro Trail and the flying carp